Raspberry, Vanilla & White Chocolate Cupcakes
These delicious treats were another Pinterest find, and I recently made them for a welcome home treat for my lovely friend Lyanna who had come home after living in Australia for the last couple of years. (What kind of friend would I be if we didn't celebrate with cake!)
The cupcakes went down amazingly, and they were super easy to make, so I wanted to share them with you, especially as we have the bank holiday weekend coming up.
Nothing says hurrah to a long weekend like a bit of homemade cake...
I N G R E D I E N T S
For the Cakes:
150g Soft Unsalted Butter
150g Caster Sugar
2 Large Free Range Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract/Paste
Pinch of sea salt
150g Self Raising Flour
2-3 tbsp Milk
6 tbsp Raspberry Jam (I used Tiptree Jam)
For the White Chocolate Icing:
225g White Chocolate
150g Unsalted Butter
300g Icing Sugar
3 tbsp Double Cream
Fresh Raspberries for decorating
Preheat oven to 180 C/ 160 C fan. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases.
M E T H O D
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
3. Add the vanilla and salt and stir well.
4. Sift over the flour and fold in with the milk to form a soft dropping consistency.
5. Spoon into the prepared baking cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes or until well risen and golden. A skewer inserted in the middle of the cake will come out clean when ready. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To prepare the frosting break the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and suspend over a pan of barely simmering water to melt. Leave it to cool to room temperature.
7. Beat together the softened butter and the icing sugar until light and creamy. Add the melted, cooled white chocolate and beat, adding enough double cream to reach the desired consistency.
8. When the cupcakes are cooled, use a small teaspoon to remove a one inch core from the cupcake. Fill with 1/2 tbsp of raspberry jam and return the centre cupcake piece.
9. Frost the cupcakes with a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and decorate with one fresh raspberry on top of each cake.
RECIPE FOUND VIA PINTEREST: Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary